As a result of summing up the shipment performance on small batteries shipped around the world in 2018, Panasonic took the 1st place with about 2 billion cells, followed by Samsung SDI ranked as the 2nd with about 1.5 billion cells and LG Chem as the 3rd with 12 billion cells.
The volume of cylindrical batteries, led by demand for xEVs, is rapidly increasing by increased demand for power tools, power banks, and etc. The market of cylindrical batteries is expected to continuously rise in the future.
The Prismatic batteries have been mainly used for mobile phones but they are decreasing as many of the smartphone batteries have been replaced with polymer ones.
Pouch batteries are speedily replacing prismatic batteries in the markets of mobile phones, laptops (notebooks), and tablets. The overall size of IT market is going to be saturated, but the relative adopting rate of pouch batteries tends to continuously increase.
In this report, shipments of small lithium-ion secondary batteries were sorted and analyzed by supplier, by application, by customer, and by type. Based on the results of these analyses, we will be able to understand market conditions and forecast the future market.
[Features of this report]
1. Market outlook by applied product and demand outlook for small lithium-ion secondary batteries
2. Analysis of shipments on small lithium-ion secondary batteries by supplier
3. Analysis of shipments on small lithium-ion secondary batteries by application
4. Analysis of shipments on small lithium-ion secondary batteries by customer
5. Analysis of shipments on small lithium-ion secondary batteries by type
1. Market Conditions for Small Lithium-Ion Secondary Batteries in 2018
1.1. Quarterly Shipments on Small Lithium-Ion Secondary Batteries
1.2. Market Share of Small Lithium-Ion Secondary Batteries
1.3. Supply Trend of Small Cells for xEV
1.4. Variation in Supply Ratio by Type
1.5 Expansion of Polymer Battery Application
1.6 Decreased in Battery Supply for Tablets
1.7 Small Lithium-Ion Battery Supply by Country in 2018
2. Market Trend and Outlook by Application
2.3 Mobile Phone
2.5 Power Tool
2.8 Power Bank
2.9 Trends of Secondary Batteries by Application
3. Market Trend and Outlook by Type
3.2 Cylindrical cell
3.3 Prismatic cell
3.4 Pouch cell
3.5 Trends of Secondary Batteries by Type
4. Market Trend and Outlook by Battery Maker
4.1 Market Share by Maker
4.12 Trends of Secondary Batteries by Maker
5. Market Trend and Outlook by Customer
5.11 Trends of Secondary Batteries by Customer
|Panasonic has no plans for new Tesla battery plant in China: CEO [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Indonesia hopes for environmental nod soon for battery-grade nickel plants [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Neoen to expand world's largest lithium ion battery in Australia [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Fast Charge Competition||2016-04-22|
|Growth of Global LIB 4 Main Component Market & Intense Competition between Korea China and Japan||2016-04-22|
|Chinese Ban on NCM Batteries in Chinese electric buses||2016-04-04|