The Li-ion secondary battery is classified into the cylindrical battery and the prismatic battery. The Li-ion secondary battery is completed through the process where metal foil (Al or Cu foil) is coated with cathode/ anode active materials, a separator is inserted and rewound between both electrodes and inserted into a metal container, which is filled and sealed with electrolytes. The Li-ion secondary battery is composed of anodes, cathodes, separators, electrolytes, metal cases and other components. A manufacturing process of the Li-ion secondary battery is largely divided into the following three processes.
Manufacturing processes of Li-ion secondary battery can be divided into three as followings.
1. Electrode process: mixing, coating/drying, pressing, cutting(slitting)
2. Assembling process: winding, inserting jelly roll and electrolyte, sealing
3. Inspection and chemical process
This report is about electrode process for Li-ion secondary battery. The general manufacturing process for Li-ion secondary battery is as follows.
Mixing -> Coating -> Roll Pressing -> Slitting (Punching) -> Vacuum Drying -> Assembling -> Aging -> Degassing -> Grading -> Packing
This report covers to Vacuum Drying Process of anode or cathode materials from Mixing Process
* Contains the manufacturing processes for Li-ion secondary battery electrode.
* Introduces each equipment used at current battery manufacturers.
* Includes equipment specification by each manufacturing process.
* Shows examples of equipment.
* Contains 199 elusive pictures of equipments and processes.
|Panasonic has no plans for new Tesla battery plant in China: CEO [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Indonesia hopes for environmental nod soon for battery-grade nickel plants [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Neoen to expand world's largest lithium ion battery in Australia [Reuters]||2019-11-25|
|Fast Charge Competition||2016-04-22|
|Growth of Global LIB 4 Main Component Market & Intense Competition between Korea China and Japan||2016-04-22|
|Chinese Ban on NCM Batteries in Chinese electric buses||2016-04-04|