Our company undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
If you visit our web-site
- legal; and
your web-browser automatically discloses, and our Company's web-server automatically logs,
the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request,
the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page,
the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful.
This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form
, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides
may also be logged. This will be the case,
for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in 'cookies' and submits them
each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as ThisCompany.com). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to our website in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your credit-card details,
we will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to our website through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs
may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, we undertakes to collect Your Data from you
and not from other parties.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
Where we collect Your Data from sources other than you,
- where we reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather Your Data from other sources, or from additional sources.
This applies in particular where we have a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
- where we reasonably consider that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering Your Data from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your Consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
We undertake to declare the purpose of collection
in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
Use refers to the application of Your Data by any part of our website, or any staff-member or contractor of ours in the course of their work.
We undertake to use Your Data only for:
- the purposes for which it was collected;
- such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between us and You;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, we will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; an
- such additional purposes as are authorized by law (in particular to protect our interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfill your undertakings to us or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
We undertake to use Your Data only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
We undertake to use Your Data in such a manner as to take into account the possibility that it is not of sufficient quality for the purpose, e.g. because it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or out-of-context.
Disclosure refers to making Your Data available to any party other than us and You. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
We undertake to disclose Your Data only under the following circumstances:
- in the course of business being conducted between You and us, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor, such as a transport company. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, we undertake to exercise control over our contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between You and us at the time of data collection or subsequently. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, we undertake to exercise control over our contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- with your consent, or at your request;
- where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena. In these circumstances, we will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
- where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where we believe on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of Your Data will materially assist in the protection of the life of health of some person), provided that we will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, we undertake to disclose only such of Your Data as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Opt Out Policy
If you want to be eliminated from our e-mail correspondences or communications with You, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete you from our mailing list within 14 days.